A fire broke out on Christmas night at the home of Christina Olague, a former San Francisco supervisor, and fatally injured her housemate and longtime friend, Randy David Sapp.
Now, Olague's friends and supporters are holding an online fundraiser (www.wepay.com/donations/christina-olague) to help her get back on her feet in the wake of the tragic event. A benefit has also been planned for Jan. 12 at El Rio, 3158 Mission Street.
Olague told us she has been staying with friends since the fire, and doesn't know where she will wind up living in the long run. She said she'd wanted to be respectful of her housemates' privacy before making any public statements about what happened, and didn't reach out to many people initially because she was in a state of shock.
Most Commented On
- rElzPacXAL - July 31, 2014
- XOBnrkqANUIVqf - July 31, 2014
- Robyn + Röyskopp + Pride = lots and lots of glitter - July 31, 2014
- One Lorde to rule them all: An evening at the Fox with one - July 31, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - July 31, 2014
- Refugee children crossing the border for a better life - July 31, 2014
- The city population stays about the same - July 31, 2014
- How to survive as an artist in SF's 'new economy' - July 31, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 31, 2014
- I went to college with some of them in the 80's - July 31, 2014