Taking shots at a couple real classics. Plus: Loose Shus, last Debaser ever, Go BANG!, Kafana Balkan, more parties
Classic discoterian DJ Bus Station John beams down from the funky planet Whoopiter to play SF's favorite monthly tribute to the Studio 54 days of yore. Throw on something shiny, tease out your hair, and take the floor. With DJs Andy Trice, Steve Fabus, and Sergio.
Sat/1, 9pm-3am, $7. The Stud, 399 Ninth St, SF. www.facebook.com/GOBANGSF
That smooth, sensual, cosmic synthfunk vibe oozes from this local producer-skater's new five-song EP on the Voltaire label. "The instruments used span three decades: from the '80s the Oberheim DX, Akai Ax60, Yamaha TX81z; from the '90s a Roland JX-305; and onto present day software" says the release. It will all seduce you. With Beat Broker, Hotthobo, YR Skull, and epicsauce DJs at the Push the Feeling party.
Sat/1, 9pm, $5. Underground SF, 424 Haight, SF. www.facebook.com/pushthefeeling
LAST DEBASER EVER
And lo, after six years, many crowds, and a Best of the Bay award, SF's beloved '90s night is biting the big one. When it started, the thought of a '90s retro night was so unique! Now look at us: riddled with Boyz II Men and Hole tributes. I don't mind it. As for Debaser, DJs Jamie Jams and Emdee will be focusing on their Last Nite party, which is a tribute to the 2000s (www.facebook.com/lastnite00s). Now I will miss the '90s twice over!
Sat/1, 10pm-2am, $5, free with flannel before 11pm. The Knockout, 3223 Mission, SF. www.facebook.com/debaser90s
Most Commented On
- Charlotte Shultz's slush fund - March 10, 2014
- Good Reporting Guardian - March 10, 2014
- Did it ever occur to you that - March 10, 2014
- Did it occur to you that she - March 10, 2014
- Is there a more bourgeois cause than white people's - March 10, 2014
- Was this article written by a - March 10, 2014
- The British did not vote for - March 10, 2014
- Separation of non-orthogonal concerns in software architecture - March 10, 2014
- Nonprofits might not be - March 10, 2014
- S.F. TAXPAYERS are on the hook - March 10, 2014