Recycling workers, in their own words
"Since I got fired, I've been very worried about my situation. I can't get hired and my sons lost their jobs in Los Angeles and came up to live with me. My PG&E bill is very high, $258. The water bill came — $239. The rent is $1,250. We're all living in one room and renting out the others just to be able to pay it.
"I've been here 14 years, and it's impossible for me to go back to Apatzingan, in Michoacan, where I was born. I may not have a job right now, but I don't regret anything. I'm going to struggle, and continue moving ahead."
Editors' note: Cristina Lopez' name has been changed to protect her identity
Most Commented On
- Terrorism - July 24, 2014
- http://nhts.ornl.gov/2009/pub - July 24, 2014
- The cause of the Palestinian people - July 24, 2014
- Being a piece of shit bigot - July 24, 2014
- I didn't read anywhere in the article... - July 24, 2014
- Nobody really cares who is sheriff because it is not a policy - July 24, 2014
- LOL, so if you win an election, it's the voice of the people? - July 24, 2014
- Being gay is better than being straight. Didn't you know? - July 24, 2014
- www.purvoyance.fr - July 24, 2014
- But mostly - July 24, 2014