Remember when we told you about Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne's East Coast-only "Record Store tour," during which he was selling a signed, limited-edition, 12-inch, 20th anniversary reissue of the band's deliciously scruffy debut EP, packaged with a life-sized, anatomically correct, "hand-crafted, custom-made chocolate skull"? And the skull also contains a special gold coin that gains the bearer entry to any Flaming Lips show in the world? Of course you do.
Well, he was lying — it's not East Coast-only. He added a few West Coast dates this week, including an appearance tomorrow [Thu/3] at 5pm, at the Mission's own Aquarius Records. Which is a pretty tiny space for a Flaming Lips(-esque) show. And pretty early in the evening to be taking hallucinogens. Oh, the sacrifices we make for rock 'n' roll.
Here's a good one off that 1984 EP to get you warmed up.
Most Commented On
- CIVBkItdZd - July 25, 2014
- Gourmand or gourmet? - July 25, 2014
- Vote the bums out - July 25, 2014
- Why did you ask him about royalties? - July 25, 2014
- More racism from Greg - July 25, 2014
- Work on your reading comprehension - July 25, 2014
- Shut up, troll. - July 25, 2014
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - July 25, 2014
- defining political terms - July 25, 2014
- liberal vs conservative - July 25, 2014