A newly released survey of the AZ governor’s race at Public Policy Polling shows a tight race, with Attorney General Terry Goddard, a Democrat, leading all the GOP candidates, including current Arizona governor Jan Brewer, who just signed the state's racist immigration bill, and Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who has been treating undocumented Mexicans like animals for years.
“The remainder of the race could hinge on the popularity of the controversial new immigration law which Brewer signed, Goddard opposes, and Arpaio, naturally, has lauded,” said Dean Debnam, President of Public Policy Polling. “Brewer and Arpaio could both beat Goddard if they rally illegal immigration opponents.”
According to Public Policy Polling's analysis, Brewer's handling of the immigration bill gave her a much needed boost among Republicans in her quest to snatch the GOP gubernatorial nomination from Arpaio and other Republican candidates. But Democrats and Latinos are now flocking to Goddard in droves, as calls for a nationwide boycott of Arizona grow.
Most Commented On
- Here is an example of Mr. - May 23, 2013
- Seven or Three - May 23, 2013
- Angel's a truth-sayer - May 23, 2013
- The Angel strategy is working - May 23, 2013
- Straight facts, and some supposition - May 23, 2013
- Mr. Perkins is lying about - May 23, 2013
- no constitutional right to evict tenants - May 23, 2013
- no such right to evict tenants - May 23, 2013
- Pay back - May 23, 2013
- Deductions and spending are two sides of the same coin. - May 23, 2013