There's an element of Disney buying Lucasfilm that hasn't made the news yet: The giant SoCal outfit is now inheriting Lucas's nifty annual tax break, cheating San Francisco out of property taxes worth about $60 million. See, part of what Disney gets is that shiny Lucas building in the Presidio -- a private office complex built in a national park. And since it's on federal land, not San Francisco land, Lucas doesn't pay the city property taxes.
Nice to know the rest of us working stiffs are helping Disney out.
Oh, and $4 billion for the entire Lucas empire? Disney got it cheap.
Most Commented On
- You missed the point - April 23, 2014
- I see it as a benefit - April 23, 2014
- That's a different issue - April 23, 2014
- Great spell caster that bring back my ex lover - April 23, 2014
- hhhmmmm - April 23, 2014
- how i got hiv cure - April 23, 2014
- It's true - SFBG prefer purity and achieving nothing to - April 23, 2014
- Still goes to poor political judgement and instincts - April 23, 2014
- Only two of the eleven Supes are hardline lefties - April 23, 2014
- Where was the "hippie" in her - April 22, 2014